Dr. Bradley Vaughn Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Bradley Vaughn?

Me.

Posted on October 17th, 2016

I'm absolutely flabbergasted as I waited months to get on Dr. Vaughns surgery list. The team was curt, ,condescending, and shockingly rude when it came down to patient care. I spent three days in the hospital post op While home recovering, day 5's pain level was horrible. I could not reach anyone and ended up checking into the hospital. To this point, help has been nonexistent and I've made three trips to the hospital. His PA Liz is the worst, with terrible bedside manner and seemed to echo the Doctor rather than have legitimate input.

Posted on June 24th, 2016

Dr. Vaughn is simply wonderful..this very anxious patient has no fear when in his talented hands. He replaced my left hip six years ago Now it's time for the other hip. It' close to a 5 hour trip for me to get to Raleigh, and well worth it!

Knee Replacement

Posted on November 14th, 2015

I have been a patient of Doctor Vaughan and Liz, for the past three years. I have read the negative reviews and totally disagree. Yes, most feel that Dr. Vaughn lacks in the area of bedside manners. He is professional and highly respected by his peers and staff. I have dealt with him numerous occassions. He has ALWAYS LISTENED and answered any questions I have had. We tend to forget our doctors are not our friends. They have a job to do and NO ONE could ever deny he does his very well. I want a professional doctor;not a friend. Some d I Cors as well as people are more personable than others. If you were in a life or death situation as I have been; would you want a professional doctor who knows what they are doing, or a friend to talk to you and be kind while you are coding. I would take a top doc like doctor Vaughn any day. To know Liz,is to love her. If you can't handle the truth , you probably WON'T like her. She is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE . I have never known her to be rude to anyone. She is very honest and direct. I was in a situation, and asked a simple question: I was given an honest answer. I don't know many doctor's or Physician Assistance that would have been that honest. She did not make any promises, or false hopes,but because she and doctor Vaughn were the professionals they are....I am here to talk about it. Let people be themseleves, you can like them or love them for who they are. Remember while you are pointing your fingers and complaining about them. I assure you someone is doing or saying the same about you. I love Liz and Dr. Vaughn dearly for the professionals they are. The next time you go visit and you don't like their attitude or bedside manners, go to your friends house and ask them to treat you or perform the surgery. You might like your friends when you go,let's see if they are still your friends after your treatment has been rendered. I have never gone to my doctor office wantingt them to sit down,and relax. I expect professionals. You get that with both of them.

Posted on October 12th, 2015

If you are looking for professional expertise you have come to the right place. I have read the complaints about the lack of bedside manner. Liz ,his PA, is very business like and professional and gets the job done well. The hospital staff respects Dr. Vaughn and Liz and knows that only the highest quality of service is expected for his patients. That was a comfort to me as his patient. If you are looking for a social experience,take a friend along for lunch on your visits. If you are looking for a professional that knows what he is doing see Dr. Vaughn and Liz his PA. They have replaced both my knees and I'mm happy .

Do not expect anything other than surgical skills

Posted on August 17th, 2015

Good surgeon, but no bedside manner or compassion. Assistant is abrasive and rude. Woke my mother up by turning on lights at 5:45am, then stood in doorway and simply said 'you're doing well'. Did not bother to ask my mother how she felt, and never once looked at surgical site post surgery. I am in medical profession and feel embarrassed by the lack of attention they provided and the lack of care they exhibit. Patients would benefit from: more time explaining procedure, asking the patient how they feel post-op rather than telling them how they feel, and giving them a little compassion and care. Realize they are busy and felt fortunate to able to get into their schedule, but with more reviews like this imagine their work load should lighten up considerably. I would choose a less experienced doctor with better staff next time.

Disgruntled patient

Posted on June 6th, 2014

I have never encountered any health professional as rude and condescending as Dr. Vaughn's assistant Liz. I am changing doctors as a result of my encounter with her.

If you need a new knee, this is your doc!

Posted on May 15th, 2014

A head nurse at a local hospital said if she needed a TKR, Dr. Vaughn would be her choice so I sought him for my bilateral total knee replacements and am glad I did! The only negative of my experience from beginning to end is the poor attitude and rudeness of his PA. The surgery went well, I had the meds I needed to stay out of pain and that enabled me to get moving right away and allowed me to regain my mobility quickly. A year later, I'm back to walking, biking and can easily walk 18 holes on the golf course with my pushcart. Thank you, Dr. Vaughn, for giving me back the ability to live my life the way I want to live it!

Miracle doctor

Posted on February 11th, 2014

Doctor Vaughn is the BEST!!! Five years ago when I was 67 and in terrible pain pain and needed a hip replacement, I wanted the best with favoriteble outcome where I could continue my active farm life with my wonderful husband. I thought about what referral I would use and asked my very well known cardiologist, if he neede a hip replacement whom would he have do it? He told me right out without any hesitation that it would be Dr. Bradley Vaughn. From the moment of my first visit I was very comfortable and satisfied I made the right decision. Dr. Vaughn and his wonderful staff set everything in motion and my hip was replaced very successfully within two months of my visit. Three years later my dear husband Jiim who was 76 at the time and never a patient in the hospital his whole life, needed a hip replacement ; I was very apprehensive about him going through this serious surgery but there was not an option. He had his surgery with Great success and four weeks after surgery he was out on our farm deer hunting in a tree stand 16 feet off tithe ground and caring for our farm! He has had no pain since!!, Yesterday I went back to see Dr Vaughn with right knee and hip pain and he informed me that I will need total hip and knee replacement and it is being scheduled as we speak. I thank God daily that Dr. Vaughn came into our lives, as we wish to have many more wonderful pain free years ahead and live an active, happy life and keep ticking with new joints.!!!!c PS We met on the Internet and will be happily married eight years in May and have lots more living to do!!!! THANK YOU DR. VAUGHN Y Mattie's QUALITY life as long as our dear

Nobody does it better

Posted on July 1st, 2013

Dr. Vaughn performed my bilateral knee replacements a year ago. He lived up to his stellar reputation and I had no unexpected issues or problems or complaints. Only thing that could have improved my experience would have been a better attitude from his PA. Getting along with her was a small price to pay to have my surgery done by the best total knee replacement surgeon around.

Best in Raleigh as rated by his peers

Posted on May 26th, 2012

His services are in great demand. He fixes the other doctors' mistakes. He is the only Raleigh Ortho. doctor rated best by his peers. To find comparable you need to go to Duke or UNC. His assistant, Liz, does not come across well, until you get to know her. She is professional and tends to be terse. I had both knees replaced by Dr. Vaughn. If I need future hip replacement, he will be my choice. Since he is extremely busy, it is best to write your questions when you go to see him. He will answer every one. Until I visited this site, I have not heard any complaints about his skills. I am not sure what the two who complained encountered - whether he was at fault or if they disregarded his post surgery instructions and rehab.

Posted on September 25th, 2017