Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brandon S Grimes MD
Dr. Brandon S Grimes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. He has 9 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. He speaks English.
Dr. Brandon S Grimes has 2 locations
757 Westwood Plz
Los Angeles, CA 90095
8700 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Book Online Now
Dr. Brandon S Grimes has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Brandon S Grimes has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Brandon S Grimes is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brandon S Grimes - Posted on September 13th, 2018
I visted Dr. Grimes for a pulmonary problem. He was very attentive, spent a lot of time with me to understand the totality of my situation. He even went online with me and looked up differing aspects of my condition. He then scheduled some procedures for me and followed up on my chart from another physician. Can't ask for more for the first time you see someone, and usually get less. I have confidence in his ability and appreciate his kind and courteous manner.
9 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2009
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Brandon S Grimes Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
Locations & Directions
Dr. Brandon S Grimes is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.