Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brandon Zielinski
Dr. Brandon Zielinski, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT. He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Zielinski is affiliated with Primary Children's Medical Center, St Mark's Hospital and Davis Hospital & Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Brandon Zielinski has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Brandon Zielinski has the following 4 expertise
- Child Development
- Liver Cancer
Dr. Brandon Zielinski is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Our old neurologist did not think parents could offer any insight to understanding their child's case. Dr. Zielinski is very open to our input and encourages it every visit. He is more well-versed in rarer diagnosis of pediatric seizures, rarer triggers for the seizures, and in newer and more focused medications for our child's situation than our old pediatrician. Although roughly the same age, it's as if the previous doctor was an old-school taught "leave this to the pro" mentality, while Dr. Zielinski has a terrific combination of being up to speed on the latest in his field, yet has well-rounded experience to know a team approach is best when undestanding uncommon conditions or uncommon variations in conditions.
Dr. Zielinski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Primary Children's Medical Center
St Mark's Hospital
Alta View Hospital
Jordan Valley Medical Center
Uintah Basin Medical Center
University of Utah - Neuropsychiatric Institute
Primary Children+s Medical Center
12 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Brandon Zielinski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Altius Provider Directory
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPRIMARY CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, 100 N Mario Capecchi Dr, Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. Brandon Zielinski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.