Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Branislav Cizmar
Dr. Branislav Cizmar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Escondido, CA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Cizmar is affiliated with Pioneers Memorial Hospital, Palomar Medical Center and Palomar Medical Center Poway. Dr. Cizmar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Branislav Cizmar has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Branislav Cizmar has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
Dr. Branislav Cizmar is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Cizmar. He was the doctor on call when I was delivering my daughter and he did such a great job that I switched to him when I was pregnant with my third baby. I had a wonderful pregnancy and delivery in the care of Cizmar and when I went to my six week check up I brought my newborn with me. At first I wasn't sure about this but my husband told me "He should get to see how the baby is doing." It was so awesome! Dr. Cizmar was so happy to see my baby. When the exam was over he asked to hold him. So sweet.
His was the worst bedside manner I've experienced with a gynocologist! Made me wait over an hour in room for biopsy results that he didn't realize had been botched so we're inconclusive. Then had me in stirrups after exam with my body exposed to a learning intern(who botched painful biopsy by the way)the whole time we discussed my options.
Most horrible delivery. Dr. Cizmar kept stitching after delivery after epidural wore off. Did not care, kept sewing even after nurse told him about the pain. shouldnt even be practicing medicine...
Dr. Cizmar is a very professional and capable doctor. He listens to his patients wishes and doesn't try to push an agenda. My wife and I had our other children by midwife, but needed some pain management because of a bulging vertebrae disk. She was concerned about the C-section centric attitude exhibited by most OB/GYN's, and wanted to have an otherwise natural (Vaginal) birth (had full natural midwife births, but because of bulging disk, my wife needed an Epidural). Dr. Cizmar's vaginal delivery technique was incredible, and I would say very similar to the techniques used by Midwife's. He never brought out the scalpal as a 'point of procedure' as most doctors will, and was overall very comfortable and competent at delivering a baby vaginally. It's amazing how many OB/GYN's might be very capable at C-sections (where they make ton's of money), but are terrible at vaginal births. It's one of the reasons which drove us to a Midwife in the first place. With Doctor Cizmar, you can know that if you express your desire for a natural birth that he will do all he can to ensure that happens, and when the time comes, he is more than capable and competent at delivering a baby vaginally. It's a skill rarely seen these days with most doctors. If you've ever seen the skill of midwife's in delivering babies, you would know why it's impressive to say how skilled Dr. Cizmar is in this regard.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cizmar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Graduated in 1995
Grand Rapids Area Medical Education Center
Dr. Branislav Cizmar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth County Womens Specialists, 488 E Valley Pkwy Ste 310, Escondido, CA
Dr. Branislav Cizmar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Escondido, CA.