Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brenda L Axmann has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Brenda L Axmann has the following 12 expertise
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
Dr. Brenda L Axmann has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brenda L Axmann is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I have been seeing Dr Axmann for several years. Her staff is always courteous and pleasant. I never have to wait very long. (always wait forever with PCP) The doctor is professional and yet personal, knowledgeable yet easy to understand. She gets her point across with a dollop of humor. (yep that's right I said it, a dollop) I have recommended her many times and will continue to do so.
Asked and was told she prescribed and was versed in Bio-Identicals. When I spoke with her she said it was only in cases of fertility. Apologized for confusion. Suggested several tests not covered by insurance (DHEA, Spectra cell, and another). 500.00 later I Got a call that the report was being mailed to me. Called for explanation. And played phone tags with the nurse who worked every other day and could never answer a question. I tried to set up an appt to review the results and get a better understanding of how I should proceed. No call back. Finally realized test to make me feel that she had done something. Nurse told me to find an endocrinologist but they didn't know any. I showed the tests to my internist, the endo I did find, a nutritionist, and a chemistry teacher. All said a complete waste of money! Too bad I felt comfortable with her on a personal level, but the follow through whether from her or staff was lacking to say the least for me. I've given up on any bio-identical doctor in this area; even if they put it out there.
31 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Brenda L Axmann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrenda Lyn Axmann Md, 6124 W Parker Rd Ste 332, Plano, TX
Dr. Brenda L Axmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.