Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brenda C Scribner MD
Dr. Brenda C Scribner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Denton, MD, with other offices in Centreville, MD and Easton, MD (and 2 other locations). She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Brenda C Scribner has 5 locations
114 Market St
Denton, MD 21629
207 N Liberty St
Centreville, MD 21617
10 S Hanson St
Easton, MD 21601
332 N Main St
Federalsburg, MD 21632
Book Online Now
Dr. Brenda C Scribner has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Brenda C Scribner has the following 20 expertise
- Parenting Issues
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Alternative Medicine
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Anxiety Disorders
- Couple's Therapy
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 3 of 3
Puts my needs ahead of her own.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brenda C Scribner - Posted on July 19th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brenda C Scribner - Posted on May 13th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brenda C Scribner - Posted on April 9th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
29 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Brenda C Scribner Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brenda C Scribner, MD - Psychiatry in Denton, MD, in this video.
Dr. Brenda C Scribner is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Denton, MD.