Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brenda C Westhoff
Dr. Brenda C Westhoff, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Wichita, KS, with other offices in Wheat Ridge, CO and Oklahoma City, OK . Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Westhoff is affiliated with Lutheran Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Brenda C Westhoff has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
During my visit, Dr. Westhoff appeared very rude and impatient. She did not seem eager to take the time to listen to and answer my questions, and seemed on the verge of calling me an idiot for asking them at all. While talking to me, she asked me about whether or not I had any blood tests done, and I had literally just stated that I had. Clearly she couldn't be bothered to pay attention and listen. Basically, I was treated as a number instead of a person. As soon as she was done putting up with my questions, she practically ran out the door. While in her care she was unable to locate or help the source of my stomach pain that I have had for a year and a half. To be fair, nobody else has been able to help either, so maybe that's not on her. As far as the facility at Kansas Gastroenterology, I did not have an easy time reaching anybody for questions about my appointment, and almost had to resort to stopping in in person. They also said that they would schedule a test at another facility and I never heard back from them. It's just as well though, because I am through working with them.
I've heard of bad bedside manner but westoff had none. I was not even a person to her, just another part in an assembly line. I have never been treated so unimportant in my life. Sure wish I had read the reviews before. I had a procedure with not the most favorable results and she never even spoke to me. I was hardly able to stand up on my own and they were shoving me out the door. The facility looked dirty and carpet in the waiting area was disgustingly filthy. I am awaiting my results but from the previous review it may be a long agonizing wait. I never like to write negative reviews but I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I made. I had to give one star for overall rating because 0 stars was not an option.
The only reason she gets one star is because I can't give negative 10 stars. Brenda Westhoff is absolutely not qualified to provide any sort of medical care. I had two procedures performed by her, and had to fight tooth and nail to get the results. The only interaction I had with her before the procedures was seeing her in the exam room, and she asked,. very curtly, "What's going on?" Really? This is her definition of patient care. Afterwards, she refused to discuss anything about the procedure with me, and refused to provide any follow up care even though I still had symptoms that led to the procedure in the first place. After calling her office innumerable times in a one month period requesting information, I finally called the COO of RMG and threatened to file a lawsuit against them. Brenda called the next day and told me she was through "providing" care to me anymore. This might actually be doing me a favor, though. I think she is incompetent, and going to a real doctor could be the best thing that comes out of this snafu.
Dr. Westhoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Brenda C Westhoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brenda C Westhoff in this video.
Dr. Brenda C Westhoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.