Have you seen Dr. Brendan B Murphy?

Find another Dr/surgeon

Do not recommend for any surgical procedures. Do your research, please. Thinking this might have been my best option was a huge mistake that lead me into ICU four days. I saw him once my 8 day stay. Family knew of possible two hour surgery that turned to over 6. They weren’t notified on my condition for SIX HOURS. Bed side manner is nonexistent.

A top surgeon!

Receiving emergency colon cancer surgery, by one of the very best surgeons, it is my honor to thank Dr. Murphy for his absolute top craftsmanship. His work as a surgeon goes beyond the necessary procedure. As passionate as he is for his work, he does not only have the advance skills a top surgeon needs, he does more; he makes sure that your body is prepared well and he makes sure that the (laparoscopic of course) incisions are minor. As a 71 year old man, I applaud him for his work and thank him for saving my life.

Excellent surgeon

Have had multiple procedures done by dr murphy, always listens and cares about fixing problems. Has always listened and tried everything possible for best out come when other doctors wouldnt.

Had appendectomy at East Cooper, surgery was successful and the ER staff, nurses & techs were incredibly kind & helpful. My only interaction with Dr Murphy was signing consent form before surgery, that was the last I saw or heard from him. Zero post-op care, not even a phone call. The nurses at E. Cooper had to call & remind him that I was still in hospital& needed to be released. Shockingly unprofessional.

Excellent care, emergency and followup

Dr. Murphy personally answered my 3AM emergency phone call (and that of others in the surgical facility the next morning, which happened to be a Sunday) and advised me how to proceed. He not only is exceptionally adept at diagnosis and surgery, but is also very understanding of a patient in pain. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Murphy for his dedication and willingness to share his expertise no matter what the time frame. My problem became an emergency on a Saturday night and he was there on Sunday morning to perform the needed surgery, and without any complications. I can't imagine what would have happened to me and my family if there were not people like him and his wife in this world. He has been very attentive to details during my recovery and follow up visits. I can't recommend Dr. Murphy more highly. He is a blessing from above. I feel like I owe him my life.

Dr. Murphy is VERY knowledgeable and good at what he does. I've seen Dr. Murphy a few times and each time he has taken his time explaining to me what's going on, and always willing to sit and listen....actually caring and paying attention to what you have to say. I would have no problem waiting an hour+ (not that you will) in his office knowing what kind of attention i'll get when I get to see the Dr.

GREAT DOCTOR AND CARING PERSON

CARING,VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND TAKES THE TIME TO THOROUGHLY UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERNS

Worked me in quickly. There was a little wait at the office, but I would have watied a lot longer given the care I did receive once I saw the doctor. Dr. Murphy was very knowledgeable and very good at taking the time to talk to me and explain what was going on. First time i didn't feel like I was being rushed out and the Dr. was too busy to talk and listen to me. Highly recomment.

Good doctor, poor office staff

Dr. Brendan B Murphy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mount Pleasant, SC.

The Vitals website is provided for your informational use only. Nothing contained or offered by, on or through Vitals should be construed as medical advice or relied upon for medical diagnosis or treatment. Vitals does not recommend or endorse any particular healthcare provider whose information or ratings appear on this website. We encourage you to read our full Terms of Service