Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brennen L Lucas
Dr. Brennen L Lucas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wichita, KS. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Lucas is affiliated with Wesley Medical Center and Via Christi Regional Medical Center. Dr. Lucas has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Brennen L Lucas has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Shoulder Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I will be getting a second opinion on my son's leg problem. Dr. Lucas is not very good at communication and rushes through the appt and never explains the MRI's. I felt like he did not listen to my son's concerns about the pain. He put him in physical therapy way too late. A very inefficient doctor and I will never recommend to anyone.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Lucas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Brennen L Lucas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Orthopaedic Associates, 2778 N Webb Rd, Wichita, KS
Dr. Brennen L Lucas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.