Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brent J Archer MD
Dr. Brent J Archer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brent J Archer has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brent J Archer - Posted on March 2nd, 2016
one of the best I have ever had. In 75 years you meet a lot of Doctors , good and bad. Dr. Archer is one of the best.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brent J Archer - Posted on November 19th, 2013
Dr Archer is a great doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brent J Archer - Posted on September 4th, 2012
Dr.Archer takes his time with you and you never feel rushed. He is very good with follow up and a health plan if he finds issues and how to resolve your issues. He main nurse, Sharonda is wonderful as well. I would highly recommend him and can't wait until my daughter is old enough to go to doctor to see him as well.
Great Doctor!!!!!!! Very Nice!!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brent J Archer - Posted on April 7th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brent J Archer - Posted on December 27th, 2010
Dr Archer is a wonderful doctor. He is the doctor that my family and I have been looking for . In his office you are treated with respect and dignity. He has a great bedside manner and actually cares about his patients. He is also very smart and thorough with his exams. I highly recommend Dr Archer to anyone looking for a great doctor!!!!!!!!
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
12 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Brent J Archer Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNORTHEAST GEORGIA DIAGNOSTIC CLINIC, 1240 Jesse Jewell Pkwy SE Ste 500, Gainesville, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brent J Archer, MD - Internal Medicine in Gainesville, GA, in this video.
Dr. Brent J Archer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gainesville, GA.