Dr. Brent D Culver Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Brent D Culver?

Very Rare Find (esp in Santa Cruz)

Outstanding physician on all accounts. Extremely knowledgable & uptodate on a vast areas of specialties.Thorough review of history & symptomology. Keen listener, took me seriously & aggressively proceeded w/ diagnostic tests & layed out treatment recommendation. Very warm & approachable. Called me at home re some test results & also made a follow-up call

inconsistent and moody

Dr. Culver will be nice one visit and then act as if my mere presence in his exam room is an affront to his being. If you question his choice of prescriptions he is extremely defensive. He is unprofessionally mocking when discussing alternative treatment. He won't even consider discussing nutrition. He is narrow minded and unsympathetic. I had the audacity to question his nurse about something and now she doesn't speak to me. Three visits since and she hasn't spoken a word to me. Having RA is scary. Having RA treated by Dr. Culver is scary and inconsistent.

At this visit he informed me that I probably had rheumatoid arthritis, told me almost nothing about it and prescribed a drug to take for the rest of my life. I asked him to tell me about the drug and he said shortly, "It's medicine. You won't like it." He didn't know me at all, but just dismissed my very reasonable question.

Dr. Culver and his nurse are the best.

great news

after being told there were no doctors in monterey to see my under age daughter who has psorriatic arthritis. dr brents office came thru in a big way. thank you!

Lori Scher

Nurse educator review

As a professional nurse and nurse educator, I rate Dr. Culver as excellent in all areas. He is prompt, responsive, diligent and caring in assessing problems, collaborating with me as his patient, discussing options and following through. I have seen 3 rheumatologists since my diagnosis 10 years ago and Brent Culver is by far the best.

Excellent Rhumatologist, the best I have ever seen

I am in the biotech field and a scientist myself so I have a very high standard for the physicians that I choose. Dr. Culver is knowledgeable, professional, always great with follow up and willing to spend as much time with me as I needed and when I had a problem with my psoriasis after a viral infection he took his lunch time to come out and see me and prescribe a medication to help me with the outbreak and pain. He is helping me go learn how to deal with my psoriatic arthritis with kindness, warmth and patience. I highly recommend him.

Dr. loses temper easily

My experience with Dr. Culver is definitey not a good one. I have suffered from rheumatoid arthritis for most of my life. Needless to say, I have dealt with many Dr.s over the years. While not all my experiences have been pleasant, Dr. Culver was definitely the worst. My experience with him takes the cake. He misdiagnosed a problem I was having which landed me in the hospital. He also actually YELLED at me on two different occassions. I am a professional and I have never experienced this type of behavior before with a Dr. It was shocking, scary and unprofessional. I was finally able to switch Dr.s through a referral from my general Dr. Deaing with this Dr. was very stressful. I wanted to share my experience because I'm sure he's done this to other patients. He has a very short fuse! Beware!!

Dr. Brent D Culver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Cruz, CA.