Dr. Brent Gear Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Brent Gear?

Horrible human being

Posted on October 7th, 2017

This guy has been making very obscene comments, and gestures toward my wife for a few months now, hitting on her, asking to take her out. This guy is big piece of crap. Isnt he married? See ya around buddy! Count on that

Quick, Accurate, Cares

Posted on November 30th, 2013

I brought my mother into the emergency room after she had a sudden change in her mental status and inability to walk. Dr. Gear was in the room right away. He assessed her and ordered tests. He, or his staff kept us apprised of the results as they became available. He answered all of my questions and he even made a point of looking for me at one point when he had test results and I was not at my mother's bedside. He seemed to care, thought that was nice. When he had confirmed what the problem was, he let me know, appropriate treatments were started and she was admitted for continued treatment. It all went very smoothly. Thank you Dr. Gear.

Gear

Posted on March 12th, 2011

Worst Doctor, or poor excuse for a Doctor I've ever seen. Simply did not care. Still sick. Waste of money.

High standards

Posted on February 11th, 2011

After reading these reviews, I feel compelled to share my experience w/Dr. Gear. He was kind, professional and to the point. I had suffered a knee injury. He was cautious not to over prescribe me for pain. I respect that as I prefer not to take prescriptions at all. Too many doctors just script away without regard to over-prescribing. He checked my knee completely and gave me rehab exercises. I have been in ER situations all my live having been a very active child/adult and a clutz. I have sat around for hours on end. In an ER, a doctor has to prioritize each patient. So, if you feel like your being held up, be thankful that you're not the injury that takes presidence over yours. Also, it takes a certain personality to be able to handle working in an ER. It looks like some of these people are looking for a child psychologist instead. I'll take cut-and-dry honesty over under qualified sincerity any day.

Can I give less then a 1 star for bedside manner?

Posted on July 7th, 2010

I checked into the urgent care for a large head wound, bleeding quite alot from my right eyebrow which was pretty much non-existent at this point. I was quickly checked in thanks to the office staff, and then waited patiently in the emergency room for the doctor to see me (still bleeding all over the place). Despite telling the nurse who checked me in that my pain scale was at about a 10, there i sat in my bed upwards to 30 minutes before the doctor arrived. He took a look at my head, said i would definitely need to get it cleaned out and then they would numb it up before stitching it. He said he was going to grab a bottle 15 minutes later, he came back to numb it up, another 25 mins later he returned saying that i was next in line after another patient. 30 mins later he returns to wash out the dried blood. We then waited for him to return and stitch up the wound, but at this point I was on the phone with my mother (a nurse), she told me I might be better off finding a plastic surgeon to do the stitches instead of the urgent care room. The doctor must have been eavesdropping on the conversation as he pops his head in and says i might be better off going to another hospital judging by the sound of the phone call, and such conversation is unsettling to other patients. Thanks for caring about my head gash by the way doc! Definitely won't be returning to this hospital again.

Arrogant is about right!

Posted on September 20th, 2009

The poster who said this doctor was very arrogant couldn't more RIGHT. My first initial impression of him is wow he is arrogant on top of very rude and unsympathetic. He took one look at my chart and my history and treated me as though I was crazy and delusional. His tune seemed to change after he got my results of my tests and became more sympathetic and understanding, none the less I was on the verge of tears. I think a doctor should be equally sympathetic and respectful to all patients regardless of his impression of them. He has no idea what I have been through and had no right to treat me like that. I think the poster who thought he was great it may be because he treated their children, many doctors treat children a lot differently than adults. Glad he doesn't treat children the way he treated me!

Posted on March 17th, 2009

He was really great with my kids. He took the time to listen and played with them. He explained everything well. I saw the other review of him - they couldn't be more wrong! He was great. We'll see him again!

Posted on February 24th, 2009