Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brent D Lemberg has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 13
Dr Lemberg was recommended to me by my friend. I have been suffering from diarrhea and weight loss for some time now. Additionally, my doctor found I had anemia and suggested that I see a specialist. I went to see Dr Lemberg and he diagnosed me with Celiac Disease. I had never heard of this disease before. I am feeling so much better now that I have eliminated gluten from my diet. Dr Lemberg was patient and caring with me taking the time to discuss with me my symptoms and what steps I should take to feel better. I highly recommend this doctor and owe my friend a huge thank you!!
Had little up to date knowledge of Celiac disease, which is why I when to see him. Also phoned in a prescription for a medication I don't take and could have caused me lots of problems. I have no confidence in him or his staff, especially his nurse. Having said that, he was friendly and had a good bedside manner, just lacked the knowledge I was looking for.
I was surprised at the ease this Dr put me at prior to, and during my procedure. He is professional when he needs to be, and comforting when it is appreciated. His communication skills are outstanding...a rarity amongst the Dr's I've visited. This is the first time I have rated a doc, and I'm doing this only because I want other patients to know if they need to see a GI doc, see this one! (and, no, I'm not related to this man in any way! lol)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
18 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Brent D Lemberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Associates, 2435 N Triphammer Rd, Ithaca, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brent D Lemberg in this video.
Dr. Brent D Lemberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ithaca, NY.