Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brent T Mclaurin has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brent T Mclaurin has the following 16 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Brent T Mclaurin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
I had met with another cardiologist in the area that myself and my husband did not feel comfortable with. I asked my PCP for a referral to a different cardiologist and she referred me to Dr. McLaurin. I was pleasantly surprised with Dr. McLaurin professionalism and thoughtfulness, I immediately felt comfortable. He explained tests results that I had already done (that the prior cardiologist had not explained) and how they would impact the procedure that both cardiologist suggested I have done. Myself and my husband were both also impressed with Dr. McLaurin and his support staff
I don't know who all these people are with negative comments. He has been my doctor for years and saved my life and my husbands. Thank God he ordered tests. My family doctor said I was fine but I kept having problems. I went to see dr Mclaurin. He diagnosed me and I had a 90% blockage that had been missed. He stented me. That was 5 years ago. I am alive and kicking! He is sweet, caring and pays attention to everything I say. He has even sent me to another doctor for problems sleeping. He is the best in the world! And his office staff is amazing! Fun to be around and they care about me, every time I call or go in.
When I was a new patient Dr. Mclaurin seemed to be a doctor that cared. I soon found out this only applied to collecting your money. After I had a stent put in by him I never went back. Why, because at the hospital the only time I seen him was when he put in the stent. He never spoke to me before or after, not even when he released me. He also never spoke to my family after the procedure and they were left for hours in the waiting room with no word.
On this day of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for firing Dr. McLaurin as my cardiologist. At first he seemed kind and interested in my health, but after several appointments it became clear he was more interested in doing stress tests and echocardiograms every year (whether needed or not) than providing comprehensive care. His office his like a factory to churn out tests and procedures. This is one physician scam to stay well away from if you care about your or your family's health.
Dr. Mclaurin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Medical University Of South Carolina
Dr. Brent T Mclaurin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAnderson Heart Pc, 100 Perpetual Sq, Anderson, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brent T Mclaurin in this video.
Dr. Brent T Mclaurin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anderson, SC.