Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brent W Miedema has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Brent W Miedema has the following 8 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Brent W Miedema has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Miedema is a well-regarded physician by his staff at University Hospital in Columbia, MO; however, esteem does not negate the unacceptable level of clinical judgement exercised during my surgery a couple of years ago. Dr. Miedema failed to correct a forming inguinal hernia on the opposite side of the initial indication--despite having full authorization to do so, should such a measure be required. His "tuck and go" treatment during my hernia operation and subsequent casual dismissal of my inquiries about the other side as impossible due to unspecified "scar tissue" (I was a healthy twentysomething with no history of prior surgery except a similar operation when I was barely a toddler. My queries about the origin of scar tissue despite a manifold developmental increase in both size and mass of my tissues and organs were met with blank looks). The financial difficulty--for which I had no briefing (despite inquiries with the staff)--associated with the procedure pails in comparison with the constant soreness and fear I live with every day of the other side becoming "strangled" and resulting in gut ischemia. Unfortunately, I have no insurance now to correct the mistake of Dr. Miedema.
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Missouri Health Sciences Center, 1 Hospital Dr, Columbia, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brent W Miedema in this video.
Dr. Brent W Miedema is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MO.