Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brent C Norman
Dr. Brent C Norman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Norman is affiliated with Chapman Global Medical Center, Uc Irvine Medical Center and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Norman has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brent C Norman has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Brent C Norman has the following 11 expertise
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Disorders
- Eye Pain
- Retina Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
Dr. Brent C Norman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Dr. Norman is an amazIng ophthalmologist. I had an eye problem over the weekend. I contacted his office. He called me back and took the time to explain to me what could have caused it. I am very thankful. At each appointment he takes his time to do a complete exam and explains the results to me. I give him the highest recommendation. No matter how long the wait is , he is the best in his field.
Though a crowded waiting room greets you even at 8am in the morning (and I am not a "waiter " and hate to sit in line for anything) I experienced the most detailed and thorough examination and tests I have ever had. I understand the reason for the crowded waiting room;this doctor spends as much time with me as I needed and I at no time felt rushed or a just a number. He obviously is one of the premier specialists in his field - an exceptional professional with a totally caring approach.
Dr. Norman receives my highest recommendation. He did an exceptional job on my laser surgeries. He is very caring, polite, professional, will listen and take the time required to reassure and explain. He does not rush his patients. He is refreshing. The reviewers that complain about the wait do not understand the nature of the practice. Retina emergencies must be treated IMMEDIATELY. The times I went in my general doctor got me an app't within 1 hour and Dr. Norman did the laser surgery within minutes of my arriving. Second time also did the laser surgery unexpectedly, right away. I cannot recommend him highly enough. There is one receptionist that has no people or communication skills but all the others and the nurses are terrific.
Dr. Norman is an amazing surgeon and the only reason I can see today. There can be long wait time in the office, however you understand why the wait is so long when he is with you. He takes his time with each and every patient. Answers every possible question and doesn't rush. In a time of 5 minute dr visits, his approach is refreshing. Be patient, he's worth the wait.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Norman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Tulane University School Of Medicine
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Brent C Norman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrent C Norman Md Inc, 361 Hospital Rd Ste 126, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brent C Norman in this video.
Dr. Brent C Norman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.