Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brent A Parnell
Dr. Brent A Parnell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL, with another office in Augusta, GA. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecology. Dr. Parnell has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brent A Parnell has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Brent A Parnell has the following 16 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Fecal Incontinence
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Fallen Bladder (Cystocele)
- Birth Control
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Brent A Parnell has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brent A Parnell is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
He is the most WONDERFUL doctor, takes time to talk and answer any ques5tions you ask him. Not only a wonderful doctor but also a terrific person and very pleasant. I have two daughters that would come in with me once in awhile when I had an appointment to also talk with him and he answered all their questions. They just thought he had such terrific bedside manners. I would give him more stars beside all the others that are listed on top. All his staff are so sweet and all the doctors that were practicing with him were also so nice. So in ending I give Dr. Brent Parnell a big THANK YOU for helping with my problem I had and would recommend him highly.
Doctor Parnell was great. He explained everything in terms I could understand and made sure to answer any questions I had. The outcome of my surgery was better than I even imagined it would be. He is very approachable. I have recommended him to 3 people already. One of the things that many doctors do not take into account is the balance between the patient's care and the financial burden it can place on them. When I explained my concern over test and procedures and the costs, Doctor Parnell really worked with me on only doing what was mandatory for my care and not just pushing every test or procedure that was deemed acceptable per medical guidelines. He listens and he understands!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
14 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Brent A Parnell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Brent A Parnell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.