Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brent A Ragar
Dr. Brent A Ragar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chelsea, MA, with another office in Boston, MA. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ragar is affiliated with Emerson Hospital, Nsmc Salem Hospital and Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital. Dr. Ragar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brent A Ragar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
This so called "doctor" is so unaware of resources in his practice area that he presents a hazard to patients. His (the so called "doctor's") response to a patient who came back after being sent on a wild goose chase and who politely pointed out to him that he'd made a serious mistake, was to to project his (the so called "doctor's") rage onto the patient and accuse the patient of "making a big thing out of nothing," and being, "hostile."If you get this unfortunate excuse for a doctor, just ask for another one. He doesn't want to take care of you anyway. Especially if you are a minority.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ragar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Brent A Ragar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Brent A Ragar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chelsea, MA.