Dr. Brent D Shelton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brent D Shelton?

Dr. Shelton is a wonderful Physician and Human Being!

I had been having incredibly sharp and painful lower left sided pains for a few months; chalking them up to my MS. Then I went to see my OB/GYN and learned, after having a Vaginal US, that my uterus had pockets of fluid that had more than likely been building up for several years. I was referred to Dr. Shelton at Associates in Women’s Health for a surgical evaluation. His staff worked me in very quickly, within 2 days. He took more than ample time with me to go over what exactly was wrong and what needed to be done about it. He made me feel completely at ease, even in the extensive pain I was in. Dr. Shelton even took the time to have talks with my Neurologist about my MS and what the impact of a surgery such as a Da Vinci Hysterectomy on my healing times could be with my existing long term illness; right down to my chances of developing increased infections. He followed up with me several times after the surgery had been completed, and made me feel HUMAN again!! I would recommend anyone I know to see Dr. Shelton and the staff at Associates in Women's Care!

Dr. Shelton was the OB on call in the hospital when push came to shove during my labor in the hospital. I was attempting a VBAC. He was extremely un-supportive and downright rude to my husband, my doula and me. I felt disrespected and was treated like I was stupid an uneducated about my "situation". After about 10 hours under his care, my baby's heart rate started to drop significantly and we ultimately decided to have a c-section at that time. When it came time to trust what he had to say, it was hard to do so because he had been so disrespectful all night long. A word of advice: before you choose an OB for their particular care practices, interview their colleagues, because they may have totally different views about things.

Would NOT Recommend this Dr.

Dr. Shelton delivered my baby 2 years ago. I tore, and he stitched me up so poorly and tight that I had to have another surgery 6 months later to correct it. When he was done, he actually said out loud, "That's fine I guess." It was a horrible, painful experience and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Can't speak highly enough

I've been seeing Dr. Shelton throughout this pregnancy - my first - and can't say enough good things about him and the rest of the staff. Wait time is always minimal, appointments are always available, the atmosphere is wonderful, and the office is always immaculate. Dr. Shelton is a soothing presence and always spends as much time as I need answering questions or just shooting the breeze. I've never once felt rushed by either him or his assistant, Lindsey (who is amazing, too!). He is extraordinarily open to the personal medical philosophies and preferences of his patients and he has never tried to force any treatment, medication, or procedure, especially when deemed unnecessary or superfluous. In short, he is everything I look for in a doctor!