Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bret T Kean has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Bret T Kean has the following 16 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Wrist Injury
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
Dr. Bret T Kean is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I went to Providence urgent care due to a broken hand. They took an x-ray and referred me to Eastside Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. I made an appointment. That was a mistake... I arrived 10 minutes early as the asked to fill out paperwork. I asked the front desk if my insurance would cover my visit and care. It didn't. I waited an hour before they took me in. Then waited another half hour for the doctor. When the Dr. Kean came in, he was more interested in giving me a lecture about tobacco use than caring for my hand. He confirmed it was broken, which we already knew... He went back and forth about whether we should cast it or not. He finally decided to cast it. I waited another 20 minutes to get a cast put on... Told him I had pretty severe pain and that I work on computers for a living. He basically said that sucks and man up... I had ZERO confidence in the doctor so I never came back. There was no follow-up call. Just a bill for $550 that my insurance did NOT cover. I called, and they billed for the full treatment for the break when all they did was confirmed it was broken which Urgent Care already told me and put a cast on my hand. I recommend going elsewhere for treatment or don't even bother going in. They will waste your time and money.
Took great care of me and made sure all my needs were always taken care of. His staff was always very kind. Thank you Doctor Kean.
16 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Bret T Kean accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEastside Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, 6542 SE Lake Rd Ste 201, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bret T Kean in this video.
Dr. Bret T Kean is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.