Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bret A Lashner
Dr. Bret A Lashner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lashner is affiliated with Uh Cleveland Medical Center. Dr. Lashner has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bret A Lashner has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Intestinal Diseases
- Abdominal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Transplantation
- Bile Duct inflammation (Sclerosing Cholangitis)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Intestinal Fistula
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Colorectal Cancer
- Intestinal Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Restorative Proctocolectomy
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Lashner has been my doctor for many years now, I only wish he was closer to my home. I have to drive over an hour to see him, but, he is worth it. He has been spot on about my diagnosis, and he has consulted with the other doctors @ the clinic when needed, as he has said my case is a difficult one. I have confidence in the surgeons he has recommended, and my many minor surgeries have been successful. I do have a gastroenterologist in my home town, but, when I feel the problem needs special attention, I go to Dr. Lashner. He has always been kind to me and discreet about my condition which sometimes can be sensitive and embarrassing. He never makes me feel uncomfortable, it's just all routine to him. I hope he never retires!
I really appreciate having Dr. Lashner as my gastroenterologist. I live several hours away from his office and am happy to travel there for appointments. He had insights into my illness that no other gastroenterologist picked up on. He's reachable by phone as I need him and has an excellent bedside manner. I feel fortunate having him as my doctor.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Lashner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Bret A Lashner accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bret A Lashner in this video.
Dr. Bret A Lashner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.