Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brett B Abernathy has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Brett B Abernathy has the following 7 expertise
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Brett B Abernathy has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brett B Abernathy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
A bit too accustomed to being esteemed and successful; everything he does seems to have become rote. Gives the appearance of assuming everything fits the typical, repeated patterns he's seen so frequently in his vast experience -- he is reputedly exemplary in treating those. He's a great doctor technically, and conveys accurate information, if you have a typical condition (even if challenging), as long as you don't want/need a real, personal conversation of any depth. For a very well-informed patient who's done thorough in-depth research on his own more-unusual condition, much of what you say seems to be treated as extraneous drivel, not pertinent to the diagnosis he's already reached. Doesn't convey any interest in or in-depth familiarity with latest research on unusual / emerging 'corner case' conditions, unfamiliar territory -- is not of an exploratory / investigational turn of mind for an atypical history / case. If you have an unusual condition, this may not be your doctor, but otherwise, he's very well-regarded.
Dr. Abernathy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Brett B Abernathy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Urology Center Of Colorado, 2777 Mile High Stadium Cir, Denver, CO
Dr. Brett B Abernathy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.