Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brett J Chiasson has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Brett J Chiasson has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Brett J Chiasson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brett J Chiasson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr. Chiasson is a very educated and caring Doctor. He worked with me until we figured out what was wrong with knee. He did reconstructive surgery on it 2001. I haven't had any problems since then. I saw him towards the end of last year for my hip. He ordered an MRI and we found I had avascular necrosis, which means no blood flow was getting to my hip and the bone was dying. Repairing that was out of his expertise, so he referred me to a specialist in Batin Rouge. My hip is healed now. His staff are very friendly and do their best to give you an appointment that suits your schedule.
I have visited Dr Chiasson twice in the last couple of years. Once for gout and the other for an achilles tendon. Both times, I was in and out within a reasonable amount of time. I only had to wait for a few minuted after X-rays. The meds he prescribed did the job within a few days and all is well. Very satisfied.
Just had to say that I visited this guy for a knee that was swollen and aching and so stiff I could barely bend my leg. My PC had ordered X-rays and referred me here for further evaluation. The x rays showed osteoarthritis. I limped into the office and the staff came out from behind the desk to offer me a cane for assistance. I waited for over an hour after filling out my paperwork and was finally seen. The doctor orders X-rays which let me know he had not looked at the one that was ordered by my PC. After realizing that I was put into an examination room where I sat for another 30 mins. The doctor came in sat down with his back to me, asked me to roll up my pants leg and lay on my back. Grabbed my leg, gave me a quick range of motion test. Put my leg down, sat down again with his back to me wrote some notes stood up said I'm giving you mobic the nurse will bring you the prescription and that was the end of the visit. I kid you not zero eye contact or explanation of his diagnosis. Three minutes according to the clock on the monitor in the exam room. I realize that this guy might be busier than most people but seriously??? I have no idea what is going on with my knee, it is getting worse and I can't help but think that this guy is not really interested in my well-being. Just my experience. Frustrating enough to post.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Chiasson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1991
University Of South Alabama Health System
Dr. Brett J Chiasson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Bone & Joint Clinic Of Hammond Llc, 1000 J W Davis Dr, Hammond, LA
Dr. Brett J Chiasson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hammond, LA.