Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brett J Hampton
Dr. Brett J Hampton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockville, MD, with another office in Oxon Hill, MD. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Hampton is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center. Dr. Hampton has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brett J Hampton has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Showing 5 of 19
I liked him from the get-go. Upon first meeting him, he listened intently to all the symptoms I had. He also let me ask ALL the questions I wanted to (and I'm an athlete, so I obviously have about 500 questions anytime something goes wrong with my body.) I never feel rushed. I feel like he is caring and compassionate, but he also won't bullsh!t you. Sometimes as a doctor, you've got to tell your patients what they don't want to hear (like a pelvic stress fracture and NO running for months... ugh) and he does a good job of giving it to you straight, which I appreciate. He is quite knowledgeable, which I would expect from a doctor but the thing I liked most is that he did not talk down to me. I know a lot about the body, MRIs (because I've sadly had so many, I know how to read the films myself. Sad, huh?) and injuries, and he recognized that right away, and talked to me as such. Great doctor, will definitely go back, and would surely recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Hampton asked me on my first visit what my expectation was for the total hip replacement that he was going to do. I told him I wanted my life back (walking my dog, going up and down steps without being in pain and being able to cut the grass) and that is exactly what he did. After six weeks I was able to go back to work at about 85% capabilities (I drive a truck for a living) and after 7 1/2 weeks I'm almost at 100%. After the surgery I had a physical therapist come to my house 3 times a week. After I was oked for outpatient physical therapy I went 3 times a week and started working out at home on the other days. I can't say enough about how physical therapy has helped in my recovery; you need to know that the effort that you put into physical therapy is equal to the benifit you will receive! It's important for you to know that I'm not a gym rat, instead I'm a 300lb 59 year old guy who wanted his life back and thanks to Dr. Brett Hampton and my therapist Ted Wong I have it back.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hampton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Brett J Hampton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brett J Hampton in this video.
Dr. Brett J Hampton is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Rockville, MD.