Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brett A Hassan has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brett A Hassan has the following 8 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 4 of 4
I had the misfortune of scheduling a colonoscopy with Dr. Hassan at Anna Jaques Hospital in Newburyport. Having completed the colonoscopy prep the preceding day, I was instructed by Dr. Hassan's office to arrive at AJH at 10:30 for preparation purposes, whereupon the colonoscopy procedure would begin at 11:15. After sitting in the waiting room until 11:15 without any notification by hospital staff of any reason for the prolonged delay, I informed the staff that I was leaving and would follow-up with a more professional GI office somewhere else. I obviously did not have the opportunity to experience Dr. Hassan's medical talents first hand, but if they're anything like his organizational talent (or lack of such) you'd be well advised to look elsewhere when considering a CI doctor.
12 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Brett A Hassan accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames J Diresta Dpm, 37 1/2 Forrester St, Newburyport, MA
Dr. Brett A Hassan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newburyport, MA.