Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brett M Kissela has the following 3 specialties
- Vascular Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Brett M Kissela has the following 12 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Brain Ischemia
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
Dr. Brett M Kissela has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brett M Kissela is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
My mom had a stroke in another state. I took her to Dr. Kissela. He did a very thorough and comprehensive exam. He asked to examine copies of her prior records, which he did. Followed up with neurology, physical therapy, optometrist and cardiologist. He is very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Theresa, his nurse falls in this category as well.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
23 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Brett M Kissela accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brett M Kissela in this video.
Dr. Brett M Kissela is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.