Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brett E Ruffo has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Brett E Ruffo has the following 26 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Rectal Cancer
- Tumor Surpressor Gene (Adenomatous Polyposis Coli, APC)
- Rectal Prolapse
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Rectal Fistula
- Bowel Resection
- Abdominal Pain
- Colonic Diseases
Dr. Brett E Ruffo has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brett E Ruffo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Ruffo. I had a complex (posterior) rectal fistula. Due to the complexity of my problem, I decided to seek a second opinion which I got from the chief of colorectal surgery at a large NYC hospital. That surgeon suggested a drastically more invasive procedure and to say the least, was not encouraging. I had a less invasive procedure with Dr. Ruffo with an excellent outcome. I am so grateful for his care and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Ruffo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Brett E Ruffo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPeconic Bay Primary Medical Care Pc, 34 Commerce Ave Ste 1A, Riverhead, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brett E Ruffo in this video.
Dr. Brett E Ruffo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverhead, NY.