Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Brett E Ruffo has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
Dr. Brett E Ruffo has the following 26 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Rectal Cancer
- Tumor Surpressor Gene (Adenomatous Polyposis Coli, APC)
- Rectal Prolapse
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Rectal Fistula
- Bowel Resection
- Abdominal Pain
- Colonic Diseases
Dr. Brett E Ruffo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Ruffo. I had a complex (posterior) rectal fistula. Due to the complexity of my problem, I decided to seek a second opinion which I got from the chief of colorectal surgery at a large NYC hospital. That surgeon suggested a drastically more invasive procedure and to say the least, was not encouraging. I had a less invasive procedure with Dr. Ruffo with an excellent outcome. I am so grateful for his care and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Ruffo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Brett E Ruffo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPECONIC BAY PRIMARY MEDICAL CARE PC, 34 Commerce Ave Ste 1A, Riverhead, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brett E Ruffo, MD - Colon and Rectal Surgery in Riverhead, NY, in this video.
Dr. Brett E Ruffo is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Riverhead, NY.