Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brett P Wiater has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Wrist Injury
- Hand Injuries
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Wrist Fracture (Colles Fracture)
- Shoulder Fractures
- Acquired Hand Deformities
- Shoulder Pain
- Elbow Neuropathy (Ulnar Neuropathies)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Elbow Nerve Compression Syndrome (Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes)
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Tennis Elbow
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Hip Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
I drove over 4 hours to get an appointment with Dr. Wiater, two times, for possible shoulder surgery, which has now been set up. Both visits I had to wait a long time for him to come into my room, and then he spoke to me for about 5 minutes and when I said I had some questions, he was very abrupt and announced he had 30 patients to see that day and he would only allow 2 questions! After seeing him twi ce and agreeing to have major shoulder replacement surgery done, I thought for sure he would explain the procedure to me, the risks, time in hospital, what to expect, rehab, etc. BUT HE DID NOT, and I started trying to find who should I talk to in order to my questions answered. I was told "there are no nurses here, you will have to ask the doctor himself"! I could hardly believe what I was hearing...so I have been writing down all my questions and ended up making one more office call with him THE DAY BEFORE MY SURGERY next month, at which time I sure hope he will take the time to explain things to me! I can't believe there is no nurse, medical aide, or patient advocate I could call . BAD PATIENT MANNERISMS.
Very personable for ortho great personality compassionate and actually interested in understanding what's going on with your body especially for somebody like me who has ehlers danlos syndrome. I've gone too many Ortho doctors who like to disregard all the things that happen to ehlers danlos patients as there's nothing they can do. Finally I think someone's listening to me and has my best interest at heart for my unstable shoulders and unstable clavicles. I highly recommend Brett Wiater if you have any concerns with your hands shoulders elbows and his brother Patrick Wiater for orthopedic surgery higher than his brother Brett but very compassionate as well.
Dr. Wiater was great. I had a nerve entrapment in my elbow for two months before i saw him. I went to another orthopedic surgeon and he completely ignored the fact that I had numbness and tingling in my hand, a huge key in nerve related injuries. That doctor did not listen and said I had a completely ruptured tricep...but Ic ould move my arm without any pain and put me through unnecessary MRI's. After seeing Dr. Wiater once he already suspected a nerve entrapment, sent me to get an EMG, and the test showed thats what it was. Soon after i had a perfect surgery and i am almost fully recovered. Great with check ups, doesn't rush time during appointments, listens to all symptoms and is empathetic. I would recommend him to anyone. Even told my primary care doctor and he's recommending him to patients with arm related injuries.
Dr. Brett wiater did elbow surgery on me he did an awesome job my elbow feels great! He answered all my questions. He is very nice and polite. I would recommend him to anyone who has elbow problem.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
12 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Brett P Wiater accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBeverly Hills Orthopedic Surgery, 17877 W 14 Mile Rd, Beverly Hills, MI
Dr. Brett P Wiater is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, MI.