More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian C Alessi has the following 3 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brian C Alessi has the following 9 expertise
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergies
- Watery Eyes
Dr. Brian C Alessi has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brian C Alessi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Pushes his stupid Medifast junk even when patients are losing weight on their own, accuses patients of being addicts if they need a controlled substance, is dishonest about patient statements to pharmacies/exaggerates, essentially only wants patients who think he's some kind of diety. Just TOO busy to see a patient having a serious acute medical need. I would NEVER return. Rude, opinionated and arrogant.
Dr. Alessi doesn't seem to know what to do....guesses a lot.Did a blood test on me then didn't know how to read the results! Now that he does Medifast and body shaping that is what he pushes and seems to be his #1 concern, so if you need to lose weight and want your body sculpted he's your man otherwise please go to a professional doctor! The staff was wonderful tho....miss those ladies!
31 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBrian C Alessi Md, 7900 Turin Rd, Rome, NY
Dr. Brian C Alessi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rome, NY.