Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Brian C Atkins has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Brian C Atkins has the following 1 expertise
Showing 2 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brian C Atkins - Posted on November 15th, 2008
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
15 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Brian C Atkins
Dr. Atkins earned his bachelor's degree from Western Michigan University and completed his medical studies at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed an internship at Ingham Regional Medical Center and an anesthesiology residency at Ingham Regional Medical Center. He is board certified in anesthesiology. Dr. Atkins joined Oaklawn's active staff in August 2007.
Locations & DirectionsBELLINGHAM ANESTHESIA ASSOCIATES, 2980 Squalicum Pkwy Ste 304, Bellingham, WA
Dr. Brian C Atkins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bellingham, WA.