Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian M Block has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
If you have an appointment you better not be one minute late. If you are, you will have to reschedule. This I found was rediculas because I had to wait a long time to be seen by the doctor when I was early (even past my appointment time) and the same courtesy was not returned to me. I also want to add you will not see Dr Block except for your first visit for about 5 minutes. If you are requiring a proceedure, he is in and out without any conversation. His staff does everything including writing prescriptions. When I was asked to describe my pain, and I said my knee is a new pain since my back surgery, I was told by his CRNP to loose weight. I had already lost 30 pounds but that was not noted. Another thing was I was changing insurance so there was a transitional period before it showed active, however I still had the insurance, I was told I eeded cash or check before I could be seen for my prescriptions. I had to go to the office every month to pick up the prescriptions and they did not take a blood pressure blood tests or nothing except the 2 prescriptions were handed to me by the CRNP. They do not care if you are in pain or not. They want your money or no pain aid, no billing and i add I did not owe a dime ever! I paid in full every visit. I felt when I need the aid the most the doctor was not there for me. I was 3 minutes late and was treated like the plague and asked to reschedule. Last but not least I want to make you aware of 3 offices he has. 2 are on Balona ave. One time I was late because I went to the office I first met the doctor at GBMC. I was told I did not have an appt there I was to go to Balona Ave. So I went to the Spine Center on Balona Ave and was told again I did not have an appt there. I was told I was to go to the other office on Balona Ave. After an hour of run around and having so much pain in walking the distances, I was going to be turned away for being late. It was only after I explained I did not know they had 3 offices. I hope your experience is better than mine. My summary of it all is don't be late (parking is very difficult) or don't loose your insurance because you will suffer...they do not care about anything but money!
Dr. Block is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Brian M Block accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMaryland Pain Specialists, 8322 Bellona Ave Ste 330, Towson, MD
Dr. Brian M Block is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towson, MD.