- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian G Burnikel has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Brian G Burnikel has the following 15 expertise
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Brian G Burnikel Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Brian G Burnikel
Dr. Burnikel is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive hip and knee replacement. A native of Iowa, he received his medical degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine. Dr. Burnikel completed his Orthopaedic Surgery training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He is the medical director for the Total Joint Center at GHS. His research focuses on alternate-bearing surfaces in total joint arthroplasty.