Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian E Burtch
Dr. Brian E Burtch, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mentor, OH. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Burtch is affiliated with Tripoint Medical Center, Laurelwood Hospital and Uh Cleveland Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Brian E Burtch has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brian E Burtch has the following 18 expertise
- Lipid Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 15
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brian E Burtch - Posted on November 9th, 2017
He is cordial, knowledgeable and realistic!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brian E Burtch - Posted on May 2nd, 2017
I have gone to Dr Burtch for a few years now, for my thyroid. When he does blood work, always wants to check cholesterol and has been trying to get me on cholesterol drugs for the past few years, this past week he asked again about checking cholesterol and when I said not interested in going on drugs, he told me I should just go see my regular physician for my thyroid. Only great doctor if you do as he says and when you have other opinions, and don't want to go on drugs, they want nothing to do with you. Shame Shame
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brian E Burtch - Posted on February 1st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brian E Burtch - Posted on December 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brian E Burtch - Posted on October 19th, 2015
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Burtch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Brian E Burtch Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsYOUR DIABETES ENDOCRINE NUTRITION, 8300 Tyler Blvd Ste 102, Mentor, OH
Dr. Brian E Burtch is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mentor, OH.