Dr. Brian Fong Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Brian Fong?

Fast talker - does he really care?

Posted on August 23rd, 2017

Dr. Fong seems like the young Doogie Houser. A prodigy who knows it all. Who talks fast and gets you out of his office. I just don't feel like he has the experience and wisdom of someone with more experience .

Saved my life!

Posted on February 8th, 2017

I had a large kidney tumor that I thought would get the better of me and he was able to remove it and now I'm cancer free! He explained the procedure clearly to me and the outcome and recovery were exactly as he described. He is an expert in robotic and minimally invasive surgery and I only was in the hospital one night and back to work after the weekend. When making my decision, he was patient with me, as I went down to the downtown hospital for a second opinion but felt I was in great hands locally. It's good to know there's expert care close to home.

Not thorough , does not let you ask questions

Posted on June 26th, 2015

Worst bedside manner! I called another Urologist and I will not be going back

rushed uninterested

Posted on April 9th, 2015

he did have copy of some records for me to take that was nice.the appointment felt rushed and impersonal it literally felt like it was only 3 minutes he was not interested in my concerns about my remaining kidney at all. he did not want to discuss more details or treat me like I would be knowledgeable. I am going to a different urologist as fast as I can.

Rushed, rude, irresponsible

Posted on February 15th, 2015

I saw Dr. Fong twice, a year apart. The first time was a referral by my PCP as a "just check in case ..." for an illness that could have had effects on my kidneys. Extremely brief office visit and examination lasted about 5 minutes, but he ordered a bladder examination using an orthoscopic camera. The test seemed justified, but I was charged a co-pay for the lab visit & it was billed to the insurance co. as a lab test and also as an office visit because he gave me a verdict on the examination right then. I thought that was hokey since the examination and the verdict together took up about five minutes of his time. The second occasion was a year later and this time there were significant symptoms involved. He spoke with me for about three minutes, made a diagnosis without examining me, prescribed a medication, handed me two bottles of physician's samples of the medication and as he's walking out he says, those are two weeks worth of the medication, they will last until your mail order supply arrives. I asked, What mail order supply?!!! He replied, Oh, don't worry, it won't cost any more than what you would have paid to pick it up at the pharmacy. I got the distinct feeling he was "pushing" a particular medication and a mail order pharmacy. he was almost out the door when he stopped, turned around and said, let me do an exam just to be doubly sure, and he proceeds to do a prostate exam, which takes almost 20 seconds, says, yup, just as I thought and then turns around to leave, but stops when I ask, what does this medication do? What should I expect? He stops mid-stride, gives me a two-sentence explanation of how the medication works and leaves. Total time with me: about six minutes! He had already made a note in my chart for his office staff to start a mail order prescription for me, with a company I had never heard about, and promptly the next day I received a call from the company to get all the details to start the mail order prescription! The real kicker was when I got home I noticed that both bottles of the Physician Sample medication had expired! Over the phone his nurse tried to convince me that expiration dates don't really matter! He had not bothered to review my chart for possible contraindications to this medication or interactions with other medications I was taking and had not discussed with me any adverse side effects or reactions to the medication. I DID react badly to the medication, and called his office and spoke with his nurse. He never spoke with me, but he prescribed another medication and his nurse informed me to go pick it up at my pharmacy. I reacted badly to this one too so he prescribed a third medication and I reacted badly to that one too. He prescribed a fourth without speaking a word to me, but I refused to pick it up from the pharmacy and decided to demand that my PCP refer me to another urologist. At least one of these medications DID have an adverse interaction with another medication I was taking and this was pointed out to me by the pharmacist. I don't believe Dr. Fong ever checked. Also, the way he wrote his notes, which were sent to the second doctor I saw, made it seem like he had just done the orthoscopic exam with the catheter camera whereas in fact he made a diagnosis of a serious condition based on an examination from a year ago. In the process, he also ruled out very serious conditions which are usually fatal if not detected and treated early. I'm lucky I didn't have those conditions,. So is Dr. Fong. I won't be seeing him again.

Posted on January 20th, 2015

very rude and overcharges for unnecessary procedures

Posted on July 24th, 2017