Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian C Forsythe has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Forsythe suggested a blood test, only available in the last year, which provided the information that I lack the genetic capacity to benefit from virtually all antidepressants. This is valuable information. He is also up on and uses, transcranial magnetic stimulation, a very new technique in treating resistant depression, He is personable as well.
I haven't used Dr. Forsythe in a few years, hopefully he is better than when I used him as my doctor. I knew FAR more about HIS personal life than I felt he know about mine and he was MY doctor!! Examples: he was "going green" so was opting to take city transportation than ownig a car, vacations he was taking, details about a Halloween party he was going to... And in that conversation he told I should dress up as Amy Winehouse for Halloween. Being the person that I am, I asked about how he was doing, but COME ON! I was spending $100 per 15 minute visit to discuss ME! In my last appointment, while I was writing out my check to pay him, he took a personal call on his cell phone about a package being dropped off at his house while he would be on vacation!!!! Seriously?!
23 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Texas Health System
Locations & Directions
Dr. Brian C Forsythe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.