Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian J Candell
Dr. Brian J Candell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orinda, CA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Candell is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Candell has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian J Candell has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brian J Candell has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Brian J Candell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
One of the best physicians practicing medicine. He is not influenced by gifts, referring to quality professionals. Dr. Candell and his staff truly care about their patients.
We were referred to Brian Candell MD about twenty years ago. He was new to the practice and I think out of school a few short years. His level of diagnosis with us, attention to detail, bedside manner, feelings of genuine concern, and all the good things associated with a good medical provider, descibes this dedicated hard working internist we were so lucky to be referred to many years ago. Brian is the real deal, and should be a poster Doc repping the AMA for an example for all other docs to aspire to. First time in my life, I have a doc that's younger than me. Cool!
Dr. Candell has been my primary care physician for many years. Since I have been in relatively good health my visits have been for annual physicals for which I needed to make the appointment a couple of months in advance. He has always taken the time to go over my test results. A couple of times when I failed to get the tests before my appointment he has called me during the weekend to discuss my test results.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Candell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Brian J Candell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrinda Infectious Disease Specialists, 1 Country Club Plz, Orinda, CA
Dr. Brian J Candell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orinda, CA.