Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian C Carty has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
- Preventive Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I went in for some stomach pains. He felt around and said that something was not correct and that we really needed to do some bloodwork and x-rays. He has never returned my calls on what the results were. When I called his office 8 days in a row to find out they flat out finally told me he is the WORST doctor about getting back to his patients and the only way to get him to guarantee to look at them is to pay for another visit because he is then required to give you attention. His office staff said I would be better off being transfered to another doctor!
I had to see this doc since Garber has taken yet another one of her year's off -doc is pretty decent, good bedside manner. The staff and nurses are HORRIBLE. The nurse I had, name started with a Z, had the nastiest look on her face the whole time I was there. She was not helpful and could not possibly have been educated in nursing.
Went in for a pre-op physical and waited one hour and 20 minutes before Dr. Carty listened to my lungs and told me that they could not draw my blood to complete my physical as it the ONE woman who draws blood for his office leaves at 4:30pm. Why would his office schedule a complete physical with bloodwork if they knew that I was going to have to go to an off-site Quest diagnostics to use my insurance AGAIN in order to have the procedure completed? My experience here was AWFUL and I will NEVER return.
Dr. Carty seems fine but I always get irritated by the poor customer/patient service I get from the office staff. I've been going there for more than five years and only continue to do so because the doctors seem fine and the office is close to my home. Hey office staff: I know you'd rather be somewhere else but guess what? Sometimes I get sick and need to see the doctor. Couldn't you at least fake being courteous and helpful while I'm there?
Dr. Carty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Brian C Carty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTelegraph Corner Family Medicine, 3111 Telegraph Corner Ln Ste 100, Alexandria, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian C Carty in this video.
Dr. Brian C Carty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.