- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian T Chan-Kai MD
Dr. Brian T Chan-Kai, MD is a doctor primarily located in Portland, OR, with other offices in Portland, OR and Portland, OR( and 2 other locations). Their specialties include Ophthalmology.
Dr. Brian T Chan-Kai has 4 locations
Dr. Brian T Chan-Kai has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Brian T Chan-Kai has the following 11 expertise
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Eye Pain
- Lasik Surgery
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Brian T Chan-Kai Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- [ [ "First Health PPO", "First Health PPO" ], "First Health PPO" ]
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- [ "Humana Choice POS", "Humana Choice POS" ]
- [ [ "Multiplan PPO", "Multiplan PPO" ], "Multiplan PPO" ]
- [ [ "PHCS PPO Kaiser", "PHCS PPO Kaiser" ], "PHCS PPO Kaiser" ]
- [ [ "PHCS PPO", "PHCS PPO" ], "PHCS PPO" ]
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- [ "Regence WA Preferred Provider Network", "Regence WA Preferred Provider Network" ]
- [ "UHC Choice Plus POS", "UHC Choice Plus POS" ]
- [ "UHC Navigate HMO", "UHC Navigate HMO" ]
- [ "UHC Navigate POS", "UHC Navigate POS" ]
- [ "UHC Options PPO", "UHC Options PPO" ]
More about Dr. Brian T Chan-Kai
Brian T. Chan-Kai MD graduated from the University of California in 1998 with a B.S. in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics. He subsequently attended medical school at the Medical College of Wisconsin where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical student honor society. After earning his medical degree, Dr. Chan-Kai completed both his Internship in 2004 and his Residency in Ophthalmology in 2007 at Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals. After deciding to sub-specialize in Vitreoretinal Diseases and Surgery and Ocular Oncology, he was accepted as a fellow at OHSU’s Casey Eye Institute for a 2 year Vitreoretinal fellowship program from 2007 – 2009. Dr. Chan-Kai has participated in many research programs as well as having several published papers in medical journals. He has also been invited to present his research at both national and local meetings and seminars. Dr. Chan-Kai is an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, The American Medical Association, The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, The American Society of Retinal Specialists and the Oregon Academy of Ophthalmology.