4.7

Have you seen Dr. Brian J Citro?

BEST Doctor

He is one of the BEST doctors i have ever met! He is very honest, nice, accommodating and thorough yet practical with his ways of taking good care of his patients!

Arrogant DR.

One of the rudest doctors I have ever had this misfortune to encounter. He completely misdiagnosed me. I went to my primary doctor complaining about pelvic and abdominal pain after getting turned away from the ER and she concluded that I had appendicitis. She scheduled an emergency appointment with him to see me that day and removal my appendix, but instead he kept laughing and telling me it wasn't my appendix and there was nothing wrong with me. He said if anything was wrong it was me having a low pain tolerance and maybe a bad gallbladder and to lay off the cheeseburgers. I was absolutely outraged. One I'm not fat or obese and have been eating healthy and clean for years due to gastro issues. He also told me I didn't look ill enough and sent me away. Apparently unless you're under 100lbs you're fat and disgusting to him, and unless you're literally dying and turning yellow you won't be taken seriously. I went to a different hospital that same day and the diagnosed me with acute appendicitis and am now taking being treated and taking anti-biotics (something he could've at least prescribed but didn't). I'm also going in for other testing that I should've received from him. Long story short, I will never return or recommend him to anyone.

He made sure I understood what the problem was with my back. I was very please with everything he told me. I was very glad he was my doctor for this procedure and I would go back to him if I need any medical issues .

Dr. Citro and his staff are very professional, they take the time to inform you of copays and what to expect. I had my gallbladder removed and within 5 days I was back at work and feeling great. He also has an excellent anesthesiologist who made sure I was comfortable before and after the procedure. Dr. Citro has an excellent team that puts the patients needs first and foremost. This is very unusual in today's medical arena!

Surgery Review

Dr. Citro has always been prompt, courteous, provided complete information and has a sense of humor. You leave his office/surgery feeling cared for by a competent professional.

Bad Bedside Manners

Dr. Citro has no "bedside manners". He was very impersonal. I stuck out my hand to shake his. He did not respond.

Doctor's Response

I do apologize for not shaking your hand. You can imagine that in my line of work, a lot of people want to shake hands. I treat many things in my office and I am always concerned about what I may have touched and what my patients may have touched during their visits. In general, I try to minimize hand shaking unless I have gloves on. I mean no disrespect to anyone and in the future I will try to be more aware of these situations.

Wonderful, caring surgeon

Dr Citro is wonderful. He was able to fix a huge incisional hernia from a previous operation. He told us exactly what to expect, how long it would take and all the risks were explained. Surgery went so well I was able to go home the very next day. I had complete trust in Dr.Citro the entire time.

Excellent

Really caring Doctor with his patients. Through out my whole surgery he was really attentive to see how I was coming along after the surgery.

patient

true professional, diag problems and came up with solutions! Thank you!

Alot better today!!!

Triple hernia procedure 2 months ago and feeling great. Excellent surgeon and would highly recommend.

Mr.

Very competent, personable and informative. If I require surgery again, Dr. Citro is my choice.

gall bladder surgery

Ifound Dr. Citro during a search on the internet. He was friendly and knowledgable. I had my surgery at Mountain View Hospital, and the day of my surgery the nurses said that if they had anyone do the surgery it would be him. That was re-assuring. They mentioned he was the only one trained to use the Da Vinci Robotic Arm technique which only involves one entry into the body instead of 4 !! I liked that idea a lot.(you can see the surgery on u tube) This is the one surgery where being in shape was a detriment. ;-( Dr. Citro informed me that due to the fact i had more stomach muscle than the average person, the recovery would be a bit longer and i would have more pain as he had to get thru more stomach muscle to get to the gall bladder. He was correct !!! i never do well with anesthesia so i dealt with the post operative nausea, and the gas they put in the stomach to distend it worked its way to my collarbones of all things the next day!! That was the worst, the stomach felt like a mule kicked me for a few days, but each day was an improvement.. I wont even have a scar as he entered thru my naval ;-) I can still wear a bikini !!! The doctor has a good beside manner and his staff was great . I highly recommend him to anyone considering surgery. The only negative is i requested him to wear a thong and play Journey music during my surgery. he laughed and said NO.... almost got the anesthesiologist to do it !!

Dr. Brian J Citro is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.