Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian Collet
Dr. Brian Collet, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Howard Beach, NY. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Collet is affiliated with Brookdale Hospital Medical Center, Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division and Beth Israel Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian Collet has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brian Collet has the following 3 expertise
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Retinal Disorders
Dr. Brian Collet has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brian Collet is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
This office is ridiculous. I have waited over a month to receive my test results. Last week I was told I would get a call back, they never called. Tuesday I called again, they said they would called me back later that day and they never did. Wednesday I called, they said they would call me back in 30 minutes but never did. Today, Friday, I called again, this time extremely annoyed when they told me I would get a call back. I said that it was not acceptable and that I would not wait anymore, THEY HUNG UP ON ME.
Dr. Collet is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brookdale Hospital Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Beth Israel Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Mt Sinai Hospital
Manhattan Eye Ear Throat Hospital
St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
Bellevue Hospital Center
Beth Israel-Kings Highway
Brookdale University Hospital & Medical
33 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Brian Collet accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions8439 153rd Ave, Howard Beach, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian Collet in this video.
Dr. Brian Collet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Howard Beach, NY.