Dr. Brian G Czito Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brian G Czito?

A Doctor Who Listens!!

Dr. Czito is the kind of doctor everyone wants, but is so very, very hard to find. He LISTENS intently to the patient's concerns and then spends a great deal of time addressing their questions with clarity and compassion. He treated me for a very rare metastasis of breast cancer. I'm doing quite well 3 years later and things look hopeful for more years to come. Dr. C's the man to see . . when it comes to treating cancer! The only thing I didn't like was having to deal with hordes of Resldents flocking into the exam room behind Dr. Czito. Not his fault, of course. Duke Hospital is a teaching hospital. But, I found it quite unnerving and irritating to constantly see and be dealing with new faces every week.

A great doctor and compasionate person

First I dont like paternalistic disease centered doctors. (Even if you do you would still like Dr. Czito.) He spent ample time helping with my concerns and made himself readily available and listened attentively. His interactions were patient oriented and not disease oriented or worse doctor oriented. He was able to work with shared decision making a trait of great importance to me and somewhat rare in doctors at his level of experience My treatment wasn't done all his way or my way but ended up being our way, I hope he valued my interactions as much as I did his. My 28 treatments of radiation with chemotherapy for rectal cancer went better then expected. I had some reactions but none bad enough to change anything. My only criticism in the first phase of my cancer treatment was with other staff that didnt share his skills Ive now finished the pre-surgery tumor-shrinking Radiation and chemotherapy regimen and I have great confidence in his knowledge and skill