Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian A Dicarlo has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
Dr. Brian A Dicarlo has the following 21 expertise
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Breast Cancer
- Patient Care
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Blood Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
Showing 5 of 18
This guy is smart and has a great bedside manner. He takes care of my mother who has a complicated cancer diagnosis. My family and I really trust his decisions and would highly recommend him to anybody who is battling cancer. His attitude puts us at ease and he gives us the feeling that he'll never give up on my mother. This is what all oncologists should strive to be. My family and I love him for the care he has given my mother.
Dr. DiCarlo is a very progressive oncologist (clinical trials with UCLA and Stanford) and his bed side manner is second to none. I have stage 3c Ovarian cancer with multiple complications and from the start Dr. DiCarlo has taken a very collaborative approach with my care. He is willing to seek the counsel of other specialists in area to manage some of my complications and is always very supportive and upbeat. He always listens to what I have to say and responds in a caring, compassionate manner. I would recommend him to anyone seeking an oncologist in the San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara County area.
DR. DICARLO IS PROFESSIONAL, KIND, COMPASSIONATE, BRILLENT, GREAT COMMUNICATION WITH PATIENT AND CARETAKER, HE IS ALWAYS PREPARED FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY COME UP, WHETHER IT BE A COMPLICATION, A NEW PLAN FOR TREATMENT , ETC. YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER DR. LIKE DR. DICARLO... HE IS A ONE OF A KIND . I RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE AND WOULD CHOOSE HIM IF I NEEDED AN ONCOLOGIST.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Brian A Dicarlo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCoastal Integrative Cancer Care Center, 715 Tank Farm Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA
Dr. Brian A Dicarlo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Luis Obispo, CA.