Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian M Dicks has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Dicks, by far the best Dr. I have seen and most confident and knowledgeable on treating my BPH problem. He's one of those rare Dr.s you can find who really cares about what he does, and his patients. He comes across as a very confident and caring Dr. and he has a great sense of humor. While doing his tests and a little procedure to determine what my surgery option would be, he explained everything he was doing and asking me to watch on the screen pointing out the problem area with my prostate and how he was going to treat it, without taking out any tissues that was unnecessary to be taken out. He then talked to me in the office and did drawings on a note pad and explained how he was going to do a surgery that tailored for my case and not the general one that everybody takes. Dr. Dicks built so much confidence in me that I moved forward to get this done right there and we are now scheduled to have the surgery next week. I must also mention His nurse/assistant was also very kind and caring. I truly feel lucky I waited to see Dr. Dicks.
This guy is a new breed of physician: One who listens to patients and understands when they know a thing or two about healthcare and wish to play an active role in the management thereof. He will take as much time as is needed to answer all of your questions and concerns and explain everything to you in meticulous detail, in addition to making you feel comfortable about any issues that you need addressed. He is open-minded, friendly, and has a great sense of humor about everything, including himself. He is an exceptional physician and a great guy! I wouldn't waste my time with another Urologist. I saw him for testosterone-related issues and he is very progressive-minded in that area.... Light years ahead of his peers! I give him my highest recommendation!
11 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Brian M Dicks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHillcrest Urological Medical Group, 4060 4th Ave Ste 310, San Diego, CA
Dr. Brian M Dicks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.