Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian J Downs has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Adolescent Medicine
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Brian Downs is a dedicated doctor who really looks out for his patients. Due to being a type II diabetic, it took a while to heal the ulcers (sores) on my legs. If it hadn't been for Dr. Downs, it would have taken longer healing...if my wounds would have heel w/o his and his staff, Sue, Erica, & others devoted their skills to me....
My elderly mother had a horrible fall and after 38 stitches and staples, she developed a terrible infection. I was referred to the Camarillo Wound Clinic by the Simi Valley Hospital. Dr. Downs cared for my very scared elderly mother for several weeks. He was extremely professional yet so caring. She always knew he was going to make sure he did everything possible to heal her wound. He did exactly that. I would highly recommend Dr. Downs.
Dr. Downs takes the time to actually listen to what you have to say! He does not jump to quick conclusions but listens and interacts patiently and will go out and explore the topic so that he can make the best diagnosis. Rare find in this doctor. I had been to several other doctors that would pat me on the knee and say no, what you have will pass. Finally Dr. Downs took the time to run some tests and sure enough I came back with EBV - He works with you as a partner in your healthcare, which most of the doctors that I have been to do not. They sit as the final authority, no so with this doctor. REFRESHING!!!
Dr. Downs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1996
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Brian J Downs accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBrian J Downs Do, 26056 Bella Santa Dr, Valencia, CA
Dr. Brian J Downs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valencia, CA.