Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian E Harris has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
His appearance looked more like custodial help than a doctor. While telling him my symptoms I thought he was going to actually fall asleep and I felt like I was bothering him. He actually made his diagnosis before even making an examination and in all my years I have never had a doctor listen to my chest for two breaths and then only in one place. He mis diagnosed my ear infection as a virus, and bronchitis as a virus. He spent the rest of the time trying to justify his diagnosis and telling me all of the over the counter meds and herbs I could take. He would not prescribe antibiotics at all saying that I had to ride out the virus. I walked out and went to a real doctor who prescribed antibiotics and within two days I was considerably better.
33 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Brian E Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Brian E Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plainsboro, NJ.