Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian J Galinat has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I scheduled an appt with Dr. Galinat after breaking my clavicle and 3 ribs from a bicycle racing accident. Dr. Galinat considered the options and determined that internal fixation would provide the best outcome for my clavicle. I have 99% of my flexibility back and I am back competing in triathlons only 6 months after my injuries.
Dr. Galinat did rotator cuff surgury & followup care my left shoulder & a couple of years after, on my right shoulder. He is an excellent doctor with great bedside manner & a good sense of humor. He explains the problem so it is easily understood & will offer different alternatives to solving it. Since I'm an avid cyclist & swimmer, I appreciate the fact that Brian understands the athletes mindset so relates to how I think. When I wanted to wait to repair one shoulder because it was in the middle of the cycling season, he suggested that we do it during mid summer when the weather usually is the hottest. It was important that the repair be done asap, but he didn't feel waiting a month or so would be a problem. Also if there was anytime that would be ok to be off the bike, it would be when it is hot & humid. Brian promised me that I would be back on the bike to ride in the Dealware MS Bike to the Bay ride which I was. I recommend Brian Galinat to anyone.
I attempted to get an appointment with Dr. Galinat after injuring my self at work. Acall was made to his office and once I mentioned Workmans Comp they had me jumping through hoops, first telling me that a claim # is need first and receptionist said she would contact Workmans Comp Co. and get info needed and then call me back. I waited for a week and call Drs. office back and advised I received info needed and would fax it over. I was told the info would be given to DR Galinat and then he would "decide if he wanted to take on the case". I waited again another day without a phone call and call the office thin inquire and was told "Dr. Galinat feels at this point you should see your primary doctor". What I failed to tell is I called to also make an appointment for my High School aged son who injured himself while playing foot bal and had basicly the same injury as mine and Dr. Galinat did not mention he needed to see our primary doctor first. Needless to say...Appointment for son canceled, and Dr Galinat Picks and Chooses who he'll see on a who's paying bases.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Brian J Galinat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRegional Orthopedic Associates, 1941 Limestone Rd Ste 101, Wilmington, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian J Galinat in this video.
Dr. Brian J Galinat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.