More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian S Gendelman has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
My daughter had been struggling and continues to struggle with intermittent coughing spasms & nothing has been able to keep it under control & at the point where I had been seeing Dr Gendelman I became frustrated with his inability to properly diagnose her. At the last appt I had he told me " well she isn't dead" unacceptable !
Dr. Gendelman is not a very patient doctor. He acts like he has something better to be doing. He is eager to prescribe meds and was pushing the HPV vaccine on my 11 yr old son with scare tactics. When I decided to wait and research this vaccine, he said that I was being naive if I thought boys his age were not fooling around, and that my son could contact genital warts without the vaccine. I will not be returning. My kids deserve a doctor with better ethics and bedside manners.
The office always gets my children in a room within minutes of arriving; usually BEFORE my scheduled appointment time. Dr. Gendelman has always been excellent to me, my husband and our two children. He's a pretty straight talker, so maybe that would come across as rude to someone expecting rainbows and unicorns from a pediatrician, but I appreciate him talking to me in an upfront, professional manner and not talking to down to my children. He has always spent plenty of time to answer all my questions and any questions the kids have.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Brian S Gendelman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsEdgewood Center Pediatrics Pc, 8896 Commerce Rd Ste 5, Commerce Township, MI
Dr. Brian S Gendelman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Commerce Township, MI.