Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian T Gietzen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I was dropped as a patient because I was unable to make time for a physical the prior year. I tried to explain that due to extenuating circumstances (being caregiver for an aging parent) I had little time to care for myself. I was told by the office staff it doesn't matter we will no longer see you as a patient. To bad because prior to this I would have recommended Dr. Gietzen to all.
As an RN I would like to know why he wouldn't take the previous reviewer as a pt. Sometimes there are good reasons.Anyway, I deal with literally hundreds of doctors on my job and he is way above average. He is excellent at explaining things and spent a good deal of time giving rationale for the treatments he recommends. He allows the family to have input into the Tx. He shows empathy and understanding about what the patient and family are going through. He was very tolerant of my family's frustration with the system and it's inadequacies.In an effort to mitigate a facility's unreasonable policy he offered to make emergency home visits in order to prevent unecessary hospitalizations for my father. Despite the fact that the facility would not bend their policy I was nonetheless impressed that he offered this because I have never heard of any other Dr. providing such a courtesy.
Dr. Gietzen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Brian T Gietzen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLegacy Medical Group, 1460 Walton Blvd Ste 200, Rochester Hills, MI
Dr. Brian T Gietzen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester Hills, MI.