Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian F Gilchrist has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Showing 5 of 19
After finding out I was having triplets without fertility I was shocked and stressed. When we later found out one of them had an omphalecele (hernia-like sac) we were even more stressed. One doctor even told us to consider terminating one of our babies at 5 months as a result. Dr Gilchrist completely put us at ease with his confidence that what our baby had was easily fixable and that he would live a completely normal life. He was so down to earth yet direct we felt confidant immediately. When our babies were born he was present in the emergency room and immediately whisked our baby off to surgery. Just as he predicted, our baby was fine and is fine to dAte. All there is to show for it is a scar on his belly where dr Gilchrist created a new belly button for him. I would recommend dr Gilchrist to anyone as he is caring thoughtful and most of all a great surgeon. Throughout our ordeal he even gave us his personal cellphone in case we ever had questions for him...not many surgeons would do that. We were very impressed overall!
i got in an extremly bad car accident when i was a child and was med flighted to boston where i was promptly worked on by Dr. Brian Gilchrist. he not only did a great job but offered support through my whole stay and saw me 2-3 times a day while i was in the PICU. in my opinion my favorite doctor and a great man, just wish he wasent a yankees fan
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2009, 2012, 2010, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2008, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Brian F Gilchrist accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVanessa Hernandez OD, 1650 Selwyn Ave, Bronx, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian F Gilchrist in this video.
Dr. Brian F Gilchrist is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.