Dr. Brian Harley Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brian Harley?

never again

Posted on November 13th, 2015

Very poor bedside manner doesnt listen to concerns and doesnt take time to explain things and most of the time u see a NP instead of him very poor experience. Felt like a number not a patient.

Good and not so good ...

Posted on November 23rd, 2013

Dr. Harley is a difficult person for me to review. I liked some things ... others not so much. I saw him for a second opinion about a fairly common problem of the elbow and hand. Even though I believed my first surgeon was correct with the diagnosis, I wanted to be sure surgery was necessary and be sure I was choosing the right surgeon. After careful thought and consideration, I decided not to have him do my surgery. There were things I liked about him--I think he is technically competent and knowledgeable, and he spent adequate time with me discussing my situation. What I didn't like about him was his general attitude. He presented only one way of doing my surgery and refused to entertain any other method that he might have to use--as if he could see inside my arm before opening it up and knew his way was the only way. I've done enough research to know that there are 3 different methods of doing my surgery depending on what they find when they get in there. He was also rather arrogant and behaved as if this was a "nothing" kind of procedure--in fact, I was quite surprised at the end when he asked me when I wanted him to do the surgery. I had fully expected him to basically say he didn't want to be bothered with it. He was also very inflexible about the expected recovery time and time off work. It was an insanely short period of time for this type of surgery--less than half the amount of time most recommend, and frankly I couldn't imagine being forced to go back to work at a job where I have to use my arm and hand constantly with that kind of inflexible surgeon being in charge of signing off on my disability papers, who basically told me during our discussion "It doesn't matter how you are feeling, I say you can return to work at (such and such time)." I've had a number of orthopedic surgeries and I know everyone recovers at different rates and there is no "one size fits all" recovery plan for anything. I want to be able to have input into when I would feel able to return to my job. I'm in a lot of pain now while waiting for surgery and am working through that; last thing I want to do is return to work at a time when I'm still in a lot of pain. I decided to go with a surgeon who is both technically competent/experienced AND has a more flexible/individualized plan for the surgical procedure and recovery expectations.

Reconstructive Foot Surgery

Posted on September 4th, 2013

Excellent doctor! Very compassionate, caring, and meticulous. My wife has had severe rheumatoid arthritis for many years, and her feet were extremely deformed. She had both of them completely reconstructed with artificial joints installed (for permanency) and plates. Recovery time, as you can imagine, was pretty significant - several months before being able to walk on them again, and several more months before everything returned to 'normal'. Her feet look like regular feet now, and she can wear shoes she wasn't able to wear for many years. What a blessing! Dr. Harley is a neat guy. His small office gives no hint as to the fantastic kind of person and doctor he is. He won't lead you on to believe things that aren't true; he tells you exactly what to expect along each step of the way. Also, while my wife was in the hospital, he was constantly onto some of the staff there about what he expected them to do for her as far as pain management and other things were concerned. You really can't go wrong with Dr. Harley. Give him a try!

Posted on March 13th, 2012

i was hit by a truck that was moving fifty mph, i was not in a vehicle. Dr. harley literally pieced me back together, and if it was for the scars, you couldn't tell by looking at me that there was ever an accident. Dr. Harley is a wonderful surgeon :)

Posted on February 13th, 2011

castd my sons thumb operation when he was only four months old to the shoulders, even after x-rays showed his right elbow didn't quite fit like a puzzle because of his syndrome, but all in all he had movement of the right joint. But he cased him above the shoulder anyway. Since we have seen many specailist since all say the same you never cover/case over a joint/moveable,but Harley did for 3weeks and now my son has no movement of the joint and no Dr. has any good news on the joint, its frozen in a 90 degree angle, with no movement thanks to Dr. Harley.

Posted on October 26th, 2017